The warehouse associate is responsible for assisting the warehouse manager and materials inventory coordinator with day-to-day tasks as prescribed. Works within warehouse operations and supports the inventory management system to meet the overall strategic goals and objectives of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Warehouse Manager and Materials Inventory Coordinator with domestic and internal inbound and outbound freight as a general laborer.
- Helps to support staff with problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports and exports, or customer issues.
- Performs inventory audits and spot checks and reconciles this information in the ERP system (WinMan).
- Can be called to support other in-house utility needs and labor requirements such as maintenance, building and grounds work, equipment refurbishment support, and general shop labor support as needed.
- Use of manual, non-powered, and powered lifting equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent. Mechanical aptitude required with a minimum of 1-year relevant experience in a warehouse environment working with crates, pallets, boxes, etc. using moving equipment both powered and manual. Interpersonal skills to interact with other employees, managers, and the occasional customers within the production facility.
Experience in working in a team environment where teamwork and collaboration are essential to complete the work assignments and attain the goals of the organization.
A valid U.S. Driver’s license is required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
Knowledge and ability to use a personal computer and knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Will be required to learn the company’s ERP system (WinMan) to enter incoming and outgoing freight.
Knowledge and ability to move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, helping with loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers by hand or with a hand truck or forklift.
Working knowledge of hoisting devices or winches, packing and repacking containers & truck vans, and minor hand tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The warehouse is located on ground level.
- Must operate a personal computer, fax, and/or printer.
- May stand, walk, bend, stoop, and lift frequently approximately 8 hours each day.
- May be required to carry or move equipment or parts in excess of 50 lbs. with the assistance of a lifting device.
- Work requires close vision.
- Includes the use of hand fork trucks, banding machines, or other electric hand tools.
- Includes the use of hoisting devices and forklifts.
- May be required to travel at times away from the facility on work-related activities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Warehouse environment, may climb, and balance materials while moving equipment. Performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and body movements to lift, bend, stoop, walk, and squat. Hand and eye coordination is required to assure job performance is carried out in the most efficient and safe manner.
Internal – All employees.
External – Freight company staff, rigging companies, packaging and warehouse supply distributors, and crane company representatives.
Job Title: Warehouse Associate
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay: $16.00 – $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Loves Park, IL 61111: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Warehouse experience: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)
Surplus Management, Inc. (dba WaterSurplus) is an Equal Opportunity Employer