The Senior VP of Business Development is responsible for the strategic business development and sales across all lines of sales revenue including new, surplus, rental, service, & consulting divisions. The Senior VP of Business Development will be responsible to generate and execute the strategic sales and revenue goals of the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the company’s business planning strategy and makes recommendations for facilities, human capital, and capital asset expenditures.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates the five-year business plan for sales for each enterprise.
- Design and implement a sales incentive strategy across each enterprise.
- Reviews Balance Sheet and P&L performance metrics across all sales enterprises.
- Directs and coordinates the development and generation of sales proposals.
- Trains and directs the efforts of the sales team.
- Prepares budgets, cost estimates, bids, and contracts for new and existing customers.
- Consults and negotiates with clients to prepare project specifications, overseas and generates proposals, lead time, and pricing along with customer communications.
- Directs reviews and approves product design and changes as per client requirements.
- Confers with operation and production staff to discuss project specifications, attends kick-off meetings, manages change orders, and maintains customer contact and communication.
- Contributes to the development of sales estimating tools for new, rebuilt, and rental contracts and responds to customer questions as necessary.
- Prepares and reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas requiring cost reduction and procedure improvements.
Ranges from 7 to 10 employees.
Qualifications for Senior VP of Business Development
Education and/or Experience
B. S. in Engineering with a minimum of 15 years of experience in a related water and wastewater treatment industry.
M.B.A. with experience in managing staff and divisions.
Comprehensive technical knowledge of all company products and services.
Experience in working in a team environment where teamwork and collaboration are essential to complete the work assignments and attain the goals of the organization.
Interpersonal skills and abilities to develop and maintain strong internal and external customer and potential customer relationships.
Demonstrated ability to contribute to the overall business strategy and make recommendations within the scope of position responsibility.
Knowledge and Skill
Personal computer, Microsoft Office Suite Auto Cad, Controls programming and troubleshooting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The office is located on ground level.
Must operate office equipment, scanner and or printer, and personal computer.
Expected to travel up to 5-10 days per month.
May walk, bend, stoop, lift, and carry up to 50 lbs.
Work requires close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment works closely with others.
Clean, well-lighted area with access to up-to-date technology and equipment.
May travel to fieldwork site to inspect, repair, or test equipment which requires mental and physical change from routine office work.
Internal – All employees.
External – Customers, vendors, suppliers, sellers, sales staff, consultants.
Direct responsibility for all sales budgets and is authorized to spend up to $10,000 on capital expenditures and $5,000 on travel expenses.
Job Title: Senior VP of Business Development
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Surplus Management, Inc. (dba WaterSurplus) is an Equal Opportunity Employer