The Administrative and Sales Support Specialist is responsible for providing administrative and sales support for the Rental & Service Divisions within the company. Reporting to the Director of Operations of the Rental & Service Divisions, the position of Administrative and Sales Support Specialist requires the ability to handle multiple tasks at any time and to comfortably and clearly communicate and coordinate with internal and external groups daily including clients, engineers, project managers, service team, rental team, production team, salespeople, vendors, and executives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative and Sales Support Specialist position includes responsibility for executing the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Communicating with internal and external customers under the guidance of the service and/or account Manager(s).
- Receiving purchase orders and verifying details (assets, delivery, terms, etc.).
- Entering sales orders in Winman.
- Maintaining and updating sales and customer records.
- Entering and tracking job costing data.
- Reviewing and entering service expense reports.
- Coordinating and tracking shipments of equipment and components for service and rental.
- Assisting with generating sales quotations and proposals.
- Directing feedback from customers to relevant departments.
- Identifying new products to add to service inventory.
- Supporting the service and rental sales and project administrative effort as required.
There are currently no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Qualifications for Administrative and Sales Support Specialist
Education and/or Experience
A four-year bachelor’s degree in Business or Business Administration is preferred, with a minimum associate’s degree in Business or Business Administration. Candidates with 5-years related work experience will also be considered. This position requires general knowledge and past experience within a sales, service, and manufacturing environment. Experience in the water treatment equipment and operations industry is preferred but not required.
Knowledge and Skill
This job requires computer and technical skills including strong knowledge and experience with personal computers and laptops, and with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, etc.). A basic understanding of network architecture and file structure is beneficial. It will also be necessary to read, interpret and modify project schedules and coordinate the necessary resources and tasks to complete a project. The ability to read equipment drawings, process flow diagrams (PFD’s), process & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s), and electrical schematics is also beneficial but not required.
The following knowledge and skills are needed for this job:
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with other employees, managers, and customers inside and outside the WS facility.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment where teamwork and collaboration are essential to complete the work assignments and attain the goals of the organization.
- Previous experience in sales administration, or a similar role.
- Familiarity with sales reports and sales records.
- Advanced knowledge of administrative recordkeeping.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Computer and Technical Skills
This job requires computer and technical skills including strong knowledge and experience with Personal Computers and Laptops, and with the Microsoft Office Suite of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project, etc. A basic understanding of computer network architecture and file structure is beneficial. Experience working with an ERP system is preferred. It will also be necessary to read, interpret and modify project schedules and coordinate the necessary resources and tasks to complete a project. The ability to interpret technical drawings, specs, and manuals is also beneficial but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The WS service office and production facility is located on the ground level.
- The employee must be able to operate a personal computer and office equipment, fax, and or printer.
- It may be necessary to stand, walk, bend, stoop, and/or sit at a desk for an average of 8 hours each day.
- Climbing stairs occasionally and using ramps and walkways to access equipment or components may be necessary. Some activities may require body movements to lift, bend, stoop, walk, and squat.
- The work often requires close vision.
- Occasional travel away from the facility on work-related activities may be required. Expected travel is minimal.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most of the time spent on this job is in an environmentally controlled office space. Occasional activity in the production environment (shop) and job sites is required. WaterSurplus is a manufacturing facility and our clients are in a variety of industries, so it may be necessary to climb stairs, ladders, and ramps, and use walkways to access equipment or components.
The employee that holds the Administrative & Sales Support Specialist position shall work directly with the following internal and external groups to execute daily business and projects.
Internal – Service Manager, Rental Manager, Operations Manager, Production Manager, Engineering Manager, Rental Staff, Engineers, Shipping/Logistics Coordinator, Project Manager, IT staff
External – Customers, End Users, Vendors, Service Suppliers, Mechanical/Electrical Contractors
Job Title: Administrative and Sales Support Specialist
Reports To: Director of Operations
Department: Rental and Site Services Divisions
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Surplus Management, Inc. (dba WaterSurplus) is an Equal Opportunity Employer